Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gordon Ramsay

So I'm in line at the servo (gas station) last night waiting to pay for my fuel and I spot the magazine stand. It's bad enough that there are so many publications catering to the bored housewfie contingent but seriously, how smart a move was it to put Gordon Ramsay on the cover? FFS, it's a chef with a foul mouth. Hasn't everyone eaten at a restaurant where the chef peppers his language as much as we pepper his crap food?

Yes, I say crap food. Gordon, like every chef, is of the opinion that the food he bashes together in such a way that it looks better than it tastes, tastes better than it looks and that apparently is better than every other chef's work.

Gordon....master dipshit.... you may never read this but it's my only chance to publicly state what I'd like you to know. You're a cock head. I'd throw further insults but at the end of the day, what more needs to be said?

Back to my point. There's bigger things going on in the world than whatever the hell that story was about. could he really be so interesting as to grace the cover of a tabloid? Apparently, if you believe that his existence is somehow far more important than real issues. Don't we live in a world where poverty, starvation and disease affects more than a third of the world population? Whatever the statistics, apparently it's more important to report on some demi-celebrity's stereo-typical mid-life-crisis relationship or purchase of an extravagent weekender mansion or a Paris Hilton style life of indulgent excess.

Why we give people like Moron Ramsay a platform for his ridiculous existence is beyond me.

No comments: